Sep 18, 2012

Snapper


It’s been almost a year that Bangkok has this Fish&Chips joint added in to Sukhumvit soi 11.
Fish &Chips might be the star of this restaurant but Snapper absolutely is something  more than that. With fish steak cooked on hot pan and other seafood cooked in fancy way, this makes Snapper a proper seafood oriented restaurant.


Let’s get start with their specialty, Fish&Chips. Fish and Chips here are separately served. You can order fish only without chips. (I mostly do so.) New Zealand fish like Blue Warehou, NZ Southern King Fish and Red Gurnard are available.  Among these Blue Warehou is my favorite as it’s the most moist and plump.  


You have 2 options of cooking these fish. Batter or Breadcrumb. Either battered or coated with bread crump, you will get golden crispy outside, with the fish perfectly cooked juicy inside. Also Fries is available in 2 option. Common one or Thick Cut one. This is arguably the best fish & chips joint in town.


Other seafood also available for deep frying. Squid, Mussel and Oyster. Deep-fried Oyster is one of my fav here.


We had decent seafood dishes to go with the fish. I must say Tuna Tartar was a lip smacking treat. Diced raw tuna was fresh and tasty. Mildly flavor with sauce and accompanied with creamy avocado and fruity mango.  


Mussel in white wine sauce was moderate. This is not much different from cooked frozen mussel in other restaurant. The sauce was too plain. I wish it was more concentrated.


I was a bit hesitated before I order pan fried fish steak. As we already had a decent fish&chips, I couldn’t figure why taking risk. Once the steak landed on our table, my doubt has gone. The dish is finely cooked. The skin was crispy and the flesh was juicy. Accompanied with both Tartare sauce and Thai seafood dipping, I can’t figure why anyone wouldn’t be fond of this.



Shrimp Jalapeno was another impressive treat. Shrimp were plump and fresh. Stir fried with chill pepper and garlic, this is rather like a Spanish. The sauce is rather too sweet to my liking on savory dish. Anyway, I enjoyed it as the quality of shrimp was good and the doneness was satisfying.  


A seriously decent seafood dining indeed. Also the price was reasonable. Snapper is a townhouse restaurant, it’s small and always packed with foreigner. A booking is recommend. I do so most of the time I plan to visit.

Snapper
1 / 22, Sukhumvit Soi 11, Bangkok, TH.
02 651 1098
Mon - Fri: 17:00 - 24:00
Sat - Sun: 11:00 - 24:00

No comments:

Post a Comment