Jul 5, 2012

The Seafood Bar


There are so many Restaurant & Bar opening lately. When I heard that a new one popped up at Sukhumvit Soi 16, I was so glad it wasn’t another low quality French bistro joint with no originality. On the opposite I found this newly opened ‘Seafood Bar’ a playful seafood joint serving satisfying food.  (I know, They should have come up with a better name reflecting their characteristic though.)

We visited Seafood Bar on Tuesday. As the place close regularly on every Monday as it’s the day they ‘Go Fishing’. The place now hold a generous promotion serving fresh oyster only 50B each. As a plus, Local Draft beer and White/Red glass Wine are only 50B per glass. Also special dish of the day is on discount. All these applied only during 17:00-19:00.



On the day of our visit Hamachi fish fillet steak was the special menu on promotion. We had a nice thick cut Hamachi fillet Steak. The flesh was so tender and juice. Lightly seasoned only to bring out natural sweetness from the fish itself.

We seized the chance ordering 6 of Oysters which is on promotion. The waitress was able to tell all of us which one is what kind, also where it being caught. Again these Oyster are very fresh and sweet. Each of them are plump and creamy.



Later We had deep fried oysters also. The deep fried oyster came with Mayonnaise based sauce with Wasabi which is also a nice dish. Anyway, personally I like the fresh one better.  


Lobster Bisque soup came in an espresso cup. I expected it would be a little bit thicker or richer (as it came in small portion.) But it was a average Lobster Bisque. Nothing special, except the portion. (It was only 80B per cup by the way.)



Surprisingly, Seafood Bar serve a decent Pasta. (You may have some pavement that I am very picky when it comes to pasta.) We had Pasta with Seafood in Tomato sauce. The pasta was cooked Al Dente. Tomato sauce pulled a perfect balance between sweetness and sourness, which was refreshing. Intensified by roughly cut basil leafs. Shrimps, Clams and Squids  were generous in portion, and again, fresh and plump.



Another impressive dish was Clam in white wine soup, accompanied by Belgian Fries. Clam are cooked at right doneness. The soup was concentrated and full flavor. (Packed with Umami is the word.) We almost licked the plate clean.  



The rest 2 dishes were just slightly above than okay.  Grilled Romaine salad with small shrimp was not a very bad idea, I like warm salad myself. Romaine was aromatic, crispy and refreshing. But the shrimp topped on Romaine is not as fresh as expected. Rather salty and the texture is rather like a frozen one.



The last savory is Grilled Grouper on Lentil bean with Balsamic sauce. Grouper was fresh and nicely cook to the right doneness. But I don’t think Balsamic sauce is a good combination to fish dish. Also Lentil were tasteless.


We had a small dish of dessert. Mango tart with Lemon curd, which was an okay dessert to end the meal.



Anyway, despite some complains I made at the end of this entry, actually Seafood bar serve decent food at reasonable price. And the service was very friendly and attentive. I would like to visit them again. The ambiance was unique. The restaurant is divided 3 zones. The counter bar in front of fish tank. The dinning hall. And lastly the private room with blue lighting (Remind me of aquarium. Which is nice IMHO by the way.)


The Seafood Bar
Lunch : Sat/Sun 12:00 - 15:00
Dinner: Tue – Sat 18:00 - 23:00
              Sun18:00 – 22:00
41/2 Somerset Lake Point,
Soi Sukhumvit 16, Sukhumvit Rd.
Klongtoey, Klongtoey, Bangkok 10110
02-663 886
3



1 comment:

  1. Here is Mr Benjamin contact Email details, 247officedept@gmail.com. / Or Whatsapp +1 989-394-3740 that helped me with loan of 90,000.00 Euros to startup my business and I'm very grateful,It was really hard on me here trying to make a way as a single mother things hasn't be easy with me but with the help of Mr Benjamin put smile on my face as i watch my business growing stronger and expanding as well.I know you may be surprised why I put things like this here but I really have to express my gratitude so anyone seeking financial help or going through hardship with their business or want to start a business project can see this and have hope of getting out of the hardship..Thank You.


    ReplyDelete