Jul 11, 2012

Delicatezza


I used to be a regular customer of Delicatezza. There were an exact period of time that I dine there weekly. That was 2 years ago. I havn’t visit this Italian joint since I found the food quality has droped dratically, as the owner chef  doesn’t cook the food herself anymore.
I happened to have a chance to visit Delicatezza again recently. And I couldn't be happier to find out that they have some positive improvement. Or else I won’t wasting my time writing this entry.



Despite their name, Italian word meaning Delicacy, ‘Delicatezza’ serve mostly zesty and full flavour dish. They use Sufficient amount of garlic and Thai dry chillies on most of the dishes. Thin long shape pasta, Capellini is being used on every dish of pasta regardless what the kind of sauce is there. The result is every bite of pasta you take in to your month is soaked with pasta sauce. Also considering how big portion of every pasta dish they serve, ‘Unrefined’ might not be too strong a word.

Anyway, Thai people love full flavor and a bit over seasoned food. And the bigger means the cheaper and the better. This Italian joint sure have their own strong point. They are doing great in business. The place is packed with Thai almost every time I visit.



The dish I would recommend would be any full flavour and zesty dish. For example, ‘Blank Ink Pasta’. Capellini is cooked to perfect Al Dente. They never let me down with the doneness of pasta. Squid Ink was deep and mellow. Intensified with garlic and dried chillies. They use White wine vinegar to slightly  add tanginess as hidden flavor. I wish the seafood were a bit more plump and in higher grade. But I enjoy the sauce and the pasta itself so much that I don't feel like complaining at all.



Carbonara is another good dish. I love traditional Carbonara made with Cheese and Egg yolk only. No fresh cream is needed. Imagine a rich and cheesy Carbonara made with thin Capellini. As full flavored as a Carbonara can be. The only dissapointment was that there used to be a big piece of crispy fried Pancetta on the top of Carbonara. But not anymore.



The only dish as good as it ever was, and stil argrubly the best in town is the Seafood soup. There are 2 version of seafood food you can pick. Tomato one or White wine one. Tomato one is my fav but this time we tried something different with White wine version. The soup was so concentrated and enjoyable that we licked the plate clean. Seafood were fresh and generous in portion. This is the most satisfying dish of the meal.



What I found a good improvement of Delicatezza is that they are now serving special menu, updated monthly. On the day of my visit, Seabass with Sauteed Sun dried tomatoes was on the list of special menu. I LOVE sun dried tomato so I siezed the chance ordering one. Seabass was nicely cooked and perfectly fresh. The portion was generous. Also they use plenty of good quality Sun Dried Tomato. Another delectable dish I must say.
  
We were too full for dessert. (Personally, the desserts here are only slightly above than average, yet way too over priced anyway.) Overall , It was another nice dining experience. Those empty plates of savory food left us a big smile. I would like to visit Delicatezza again for Pasta and Seafood soup.


Delicatezza Italian Restaurant
145 Sukhumvit 55 (Thonglor Soi 10) North Klongton , Wattana, Bangkok

Open : Tue - Sun        
11:30 - 14:30
17:30 - 23:00

02-392-4977

No comments:

Post a Comment