Jul 21, 2012

Bangkok Biggest Brunch @Imperial queen park hotel


Biggest Brunch is the latest Sunday Brunch offer from Imperial Queen Park Hotel. Combining their 3 restaurants; Park View(International food ), Imperial China(Chinese food) and Kachou(Japansese food) together. The offer splits in to 2 chioce;1,600B nett for food and soft drink, or 2,100B nett for food and alcohol drink including wine and beer.  



With this pink strap on your wrist, you can get in and out all participating venues as many times as you want. I found this playful and entertaining as if I were in an amusement park.



Our first stop was the International food restaurant, Park view. The buffet line has so many selection and was in wide range that I didn’t know where to begin. As we have Japanese and Chinese cuisine waiting ahead at the rest 2 venues, I decided to skip sushi line and Chinese Roast Duck/Crispy Pork station. I went straight to western food hot station and got myself Egg Benedict and Pan-fried Foiegas.



I found Egg benedict a pleasantful dish. Poached was cooked to the right doneness. Hollandaise sauce was nicely smooth and creamy. Intensified with Cayenne pepper sprinkled on the top.

It was smoked ham under the poached egg. I wish there were an option of smoked salmon also. (Actually if only I had asked the cook, I am quit sure he would be more than willing to make one. As smoke salmon is also included in Buffet line as well.)



Pan seared Foie gas was packed with juice. It could have use a little bit more  crispiness on surface texture. As i personally like it browner than this. The seasonings  were with berry sauce and reduced balsamic. Adding refershing sweet and sourness to the dish.



There were Lamb chop and Australian Beef Skewer available at meat station. I ordered one each of them. Pity, the cooker was a bit too careless, the meat was slightly overcooked.



They have got so many, actually almost too many ,varieties of cheese. I intented to come back for a plate of cheese as after meal dessert. Unfortuantely, at the end of our meal, I was too full to eat anything. 




Our second stop is Chinese Restaurant, Imperial China. Argubly the most renowned dinning room of Imperial Queen park hotel. They serve both traditional and creative original food here.



 The high light of Imperial China would be the Shark Fin soup. They are bold and generous much enough to serve 2 kinds of Shark Fin soup. The thick soup one and the light soup one.



Common thick shark fin soup is made by chicken broth disolved with thicken agent like startch. But the thick Shark Fin soup here are thicken by stewing Shark fin over night. The thickness came from collagen in shark fin itself. This is argrublyt one of the most luxurious shark fin soup in town.



I came from a Chinese family myself. I am pretty familiar with Shark Fin soup  yet this is the first time I had clear light Shark fin soup. As a plus, it’s ccompanioned by  another classy ingredient, Veiled lady mushroom. This is delectable and throat soothing that I had to ask for second.



Dimsum are slighly above average. Beside from Hargow and Shumai, What I found an addictive was this double layer spring roll. These crunchy deep fried spring rolls are warapped in chewy rice paper. The deep fried layer remains crunchy all entire meal. I don’t know how they do this. Stuffing were Crab meat and mushroom, which was delghtful.



It was a bit too early for the dessert, but I couldn’t resist the temptation of another creative dish, Hot steamed Coconut juice with Ginkgo seeds & cubed aloe vera. There is nothing better than a hot soup dessert after a Chinese treat. And this original dessert sure was a pefect one.



Finally we made our journey to the final stop, Kachou. At this point we almost too full to eat any solid food.



Highlight of Kachou is the Sashimi freshly sliced by the chef after you order. There were 2 types of Salmon, Seared and Raw. All these Akami (Tuna red meat), Hokki Kai (Surf clam) and Otopus were satyfying. I am a big fan of Akami myself, I had plenty.



After a few plates of those sashimi, I grab a plate of Oden (Japanese fishmeat balls Pot-au-feu) to warm up my stomach. Everything was  tender amd absorb the soup well. (I wish they provide us a soup blow for this oden. Not the plate though.)

I had Japanese sweet red bean soup as dessert. Overall it was a satisfying dinning expersince. And the word Biggest Brunch in town is not a mere caption. It’s a truful fact. We had so many dishes from 3 venues before our eyes. I wish I were a bigger eater than I actually am to give this Biggest Brunch a toe-to-toe fight.





Imperial Queen's Park Hotel
199 Sukhumvit Soi 22, Bangkok 10110, Thailand

Tel: +66 (0) 2261 9000
Fax: +66 (0) 2261 9530-4
Email: reservation@imperialhotels.com
http://www.imperialhotels.com/imperialqueenspark/

No comments:

Post a Comment